Thursday, June 6, 2013

On the way to Costa Rica

I am very excited to start my summer with Salvando Corazones. Salvando Corazones is a group that is dedicated to fight against the trafficking of children into the sex industry in Costa Rica. They have just recently opened the first safe house in Costa Rica, where they provide education and rehabilitation services for children that have been involved in the commercial sex trade.

Over the past several months, I have been working on creating lesson plans that can be used in the school system in order to help prevent sex trafficking and child prostitution. I have focused on child abuse prevention for elementary school children and I hope to help Salvando Corazones with their mission of protecting children.

I will arrive in Liberia on Monday to start my eight weeks in Costa Rica. I am excited to be a part of such a wonderful organization.

For more information on Salvando Corazones, please visit their website: http://salvandocorazones.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment